Monday, June 20, 2005

A Day Full of Fun and Friends - and BEADS!

Diana and I had planned a trip to McPherson today. One of the bead stores is going out of business and things were 80-90% off. I got some wonderful Swarovski beads - they were expensive to begin with, and not cheap even at 80% off. They came in packages with quite a few in each and I don't want nearly all of them. So, after I make the things I want to do I may pop the rest of them up on ebay or my webpage. It would take me many years to use them all at the rate I make stuff.

Greg was planning to go up there too to shop for his girlfriend, Mia, who makes wonderful things. She is a SERIOUS bead person. Anyway, we were leaving at about the same time so just all went together. I had offered to get things for Mia, but then I couldn't even figure out what I wanted - much less someone else - so it's a good thing Greg went. We were all concerned about the cost of our baubles, even at 80-90% off, by the time we got to the check out stand.

Hopefully yet this week, Jocelyn, Diana and I will have a jewelry making night together. We'll see if that works out. I've got a family reunion this weekend to prepare for so I'm not sure if we can figure out a time to do it all.

When we got back to Hutch, I couldn't resist stopping by Dillons on the way home and getting yet more plants. I'm not sure why I can't stop myself. I need to try harder. I'm about to run out of room. I need to rearrange the rocks and see what room I have. I'm trying to balance the colors. I'm beginning to discover this is not natural for me to do with plants. Hopefully I'll learn.

Tonight was our Red Hat group. Frankly, I think we should forget the red hats and just go to dinner. None of us seem to care about the hat thing. I've never been a good conformist, what can I say? It was a nice group tonight - Susan K, Debbie, Teresa, Diana, Jocelyn, Susan N and me. We had a good time together.

I think I'll douse myself with deet and put a few more plants in the ground, instead of doing it at 4 a.m., which is what I was doing last night. I was up until 5 and got up at 8, so I should try to get to bed a little earlier tomorrow. Besides, I have a board meeting tomorrow.

I need to finish some house things and I'd feel better. I need to get my handyman over here to do some tasks, the electrician is coming on Wednesday, the roofer is supposed to call tomorrow. I have been putting off a ton of things and it is really time to get them taken care of.

Well... I'm off to get spray myself head to toe with mosquito repellant, although at this point I'm not sure there's any reason - I'm one big mosquito bite already.

No comments: